歡迎來到 財團法人台北市九章數學教育基金會
首頁Home 新聞區News 討論區Forum 檔案下載Downloads
重要公告

2023 澳洲AMC數學能力檢定

2023-2024年國際中小學數學能力檢測(IMAS)

2024小學數學世界邀請賽(PMWC 2024,香港)與2024國際小學數學競賽(InIMC 2024,印度Lucknow市)

2024青少年數學國際城市邀請賽(InIMC 2024,印度Lucknow市))

第20屆國際小學數學及自然科學奧林匹亞 (20th IMSO)數學組

第20屆國際小學數學及自然科學奧林匹亞 (20th IMSO)自然科學組

2019國際青少年數學奧林匹亞 (ITMO 2019,印度 Lucknow市)

歷史公告

澳洲AMC數學能力檢定

2022 澳洲AMC數學能力檢定

2021 澳洲AMC

國際中小學數學能力檢測(IMAS)

IMAS 2022

IMAS 2021

小學數學競賽

小學數學世界邀請賽與國際小學數學競賽

PMWC 2023與BIMC 2023

PMWC 2022與IIMC 2022

國際小學數學及自然科學奧林匹亞(IMSO)

19th IMSO

18th IMSO

中學數學競賽

青少年數學國際城市邀請賽

BIMC 2023

IIMC 2022

國際青少年數學奧林匹亞(ITMO )

ITMO 2017

ITMO 2015

國際青少年數學家會議(IYMC )

IYMC 2022

IYMC 2016

越南河內數學邀請賽(HOMC )

HOMC 2019

欲查詢其餘歷史公告,可利用首頁右側之關鍵字搜尋功能
目前並未有最新新聞!
主選單
· 回首頁
· 新聞區
· 討論區
· 檔案下載Downloads
· 網站連結
· 電子相薄
· 夥伴網站
· 精華文章
登入

帳號

密碼

遺失密碼嗎?

尚未有帳號嗎?
何不馬上註冊?
/  討論區主頁10
   /  參加小學數學競賽的感想與建議
      /  IMSO檢討會
限會員
發布者內容列
孫文先

註冊日: 2002-07-30
發表數: 1094

IMSO檢討會

2009年1月16∼19日印尼教育部在Bandung市舉辦有關國際小學數學及科學奧林匹克(International Mathematics and Science Olympiad for Primary School, IMSO)之檢討會,並邀請我在會上給一場演講,提出台灣參加IMSO的經驗,與會的人員除了印尼教育部相關官員及大學教授、教練外,另有泰國教育部、菲律賓數學會代表。
印尼每年都花費很多的經費辦理IMSO選拔、培訓及國際賽事。他們在每年2月開始初選,歷經五輪淘汰賽,4月初選出參賽選手,接著進行七次每次7天的培訓。泰國、菲律賓雖然培訓時間沒有像印尼那麼的長,但也有五、六個月。而台灣在每年九月中旬才開始選拔,經初、複賽後再培訓三個整天就出國參賽。與會人士都對台灣只經歷如此簡略鬆散的選拔、培訓,竟可以連續二年獲得總冠軍大獎而驚訝不己,我將這歸巧韞H下的數學教育理念:
1. 鼓勵學生自我學習,我強調數學是自己學來的,而不是別人教會的。
2. 鼓勵學生互相討論,我強調學生互相批判別人的解法或提供不同的想法與大家分享是學習數學的良方。

我告訴與會人士由於我們是非盈利機構,所有經費來源為社會人士捐助,沒有任何政府經費,因此我們才能有更大的自由度依照我們自己的教育理念行事。我們每年花費在選拔及培訓的經費只有區區新台幣壹拾萬元,只有印尼的百分之一,更只有台灣IJSO整個經費的幾百分之一。
由於沒人、沒錢所以我們才“頓悟”出用這種懶惰、省錢、有效的作法。雖然說這是懶惰的作法,但我們所投入的時間與精神都遠大於其他國家;雖然我們的培訓次數很少,但是我們有自信,只要學生有自學的意願,我們都可以讓他們提升數學能力而獲得獎牌。

在檢討會中我們建議印尼主辦單位修改競賽規則:
1.增加邀請參賽國家及每個參賽國家的學生人數。
2.放寬參賽學生的資格為未滿13歲的小學生,使得所有六年級小學生都可參加,不會再有逾齡的情況。

印尼主辦單位承諾在呈報教育部長後修改競賽規則。

以下是我的報告全文(感謝陳伯恩媽媽協助翻譯為英文)

IMSO─數學科之台灣經驗

九章數學教育基金會主持台灣參賽選手的選拔、培訓及辦理出國事務。
本基金會是非盈利之財團法人,經費來自民間捐助,沒有任何政府經費,也因如此,我們能有更大的自由度依照我們自己的教育理念行事。

一、選拔
選拔分二階段進行,初賽在每年九月中旬,考題為12題填充題,總分120分。全台灣分北、中、南三區同步進行,共約有300名學生報名參加,共選出60名學生集中於台北參加第二階段之選訓營及複賽。
選訓營在九月底舉行,為期二天,前一天半為講座,內容分幾何、代數、數論三個主題,最後半天舉行複賽,考題為簡答題20題佔分40分,詳答題10題佔分40分、探索題5題佔分40分。
根據初賽成績之30%及複賽成績之70%的總和全台灣選出最高分之6名學生成為參賽代表隊員。
試題樣本如下:(略)

二、培訓
利用10月份之三個星期日,六名選手集中本基金會進行培訓。
每次培訓之日程為:上午講座,藉由分析數學遊戲及數學趣題,引導學生如何進行數學研究。
中午則利用2小時進行文化之夜表演節目排練。
下午則由學生自行演練習題及互相討論。

三、考題來源
在台灣所有考題及提供給IMSO大會的備選題均由加拿大亞伯達大學Andy Liu教授及本人擬定。以我個人而言,有以下之來源
1. 由其它數學競賽之歷屆試題:例如IMO、TT、PMWC、AMC……之試題集。
2. 由數學Puzzles 改編。
3. 由研究論文中改編。
我一般的作法有
A. 更改題目中的數據。
B. 將原題目中的條件與結論對調。
C. 將一般的結果改為特例。
D. 將高等數學簡化。
建議參考以下資料:(略)

四、講座題材
被選拔為代表隊的學生都是台灣的菁英,都是對數學有強烈的愛好,我們認為不應只侷限在訓練他們得獎牌,更應以培育未來優秀數學家的方向栽培他們。因此我們選取一些運用初等數學可以解決的數學遊戲及趣味問題,逐步讓學生體驗如何探索及研究,並學習如何整理結果、書寫論文。
以下是一些範例:(略)

五、習題討論
我們共同指定一本問題集要求學生自行練習,並於培訓時指定他們上黑板寫出他們的詳細解法並解說,其他人若有質疑或有另外的解法都可同時提出。指出別人之錯誤或提供不同想法的學生可記點一分,最後得分最多的前三名學生頒給獎品以資鼓勵。

六、如何克服英文詞彙
IMSO對台灣學生最大的挑戰不在數學而在英文,歷經幾年的參賽經驗,我們整理了競賽可能用到的數學知識內容及專有名詞之英文解說,並訓練學生模仿數學證明之英文語法。
我們列出200個數學專有名詞,要求學生必須熟記。
這些資料如下(略),有興趣的人我可以copy給大家。

七、對台灣數學教育之影響
IMSO 增廣台灣學生的國際觀,讓一些優秀的學生接觸到用英文學數學,讓他們有能力開始嬝炊@些簡單的數學雜誌及書籍。多位獲獎的學生在往後的中學階段的學習都有非常優異的表現,甚至有學生已經有數學論文作品在台灣及國際數學雜誌發表。

八、參賽學生的回響
以下是兩位獲得數學總冠軍學生的感想:

陳伯恩 2007 IMSO 數學總冠軍:(略)

王永光 2008 IMSO 數學總冠軍:(略)

九、建議
每年之IMSO數學試題都由各國題供,經過評審委員整理後挑選部份試題供領隊投票選擇。但由於釵h領隊對數學競賽經驗不足,常常影響試題之品質及均衡。我建議由評審委員直接擬定所有試題(多選幾題備用),再於領隊會議修改語法文字,這樣較能保證試題之水準及掌握IMSO之目標。

IMSO Math ─ How We Do It in Taiwan

Wen-Hsien SUN President of Chiu Chang mathematics education foundation

The Chiu Chang mathematics education foundation selects and trains the Taiwan contestants for IMSO, and also arranges the trip to Indonesia. The Chiu Chang mathematics education foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to mathematics education in Taiwan. All funds are from non-government sources. Therefore we can have great freedom to run our foundation according to our own philosophy in education.

1. Selecting the Contestants
There are two phases in the process of selecting the contestants. The first phase takes place in the middle of September. There are 12 short answer questions in the test, 120 points in total. Around 300 students from the North, Central, and South regions in Taiwan take the test at the same time. 60 of the takers are selected to participate in the second phase training camp and the final exam.
The second phase training camp is held by the end of September for a period of two days. Seminars on subjects including geometry, algebra, and number theory are given in the first one and a half days. The final exam is held on the last half day. The exam includes 20 short answer questions worth 40 points, 10 essay questions worth 40 points, and 5 exploration problems worth 40 points.
The final score is 30% of the first phase exam and 70% of the final exam. The six students with the highest final scores are selected to be the Taiwan contestants to join IMSO.

2. Training
The six contestants are trained on three Sundays in October in our office.
The schedule of the training is usually like this:
Seminar in the morning: by analyzing mathematics games and doing fun math problems, the teacher guides the students to do math research.
Two hours of rehearsal for the culture night program after lunch.
Free discussion and practice in the afternoon.

3. Test Resources
All the material used in the contest in Taiwan and the problems that Taiwan provided to the IMSO committee are prepared by Professor Andy Liu, Alberta University in Canada and me.
Personally, I prepared the test using the following references:
1. The old problems of other math competitions, like IMO、TT、PMWC、AMC.
2. Adapting math puzzles.
3. Adapting research papers.
What I usually do is to
A. Change the data in the problem.
B. Reverse the conclusion and the conditions.
C. Change the general conclusion into a more specific one.
D. Simplify advanced mathematics.
Please refer to the following reference
Arithmetic Refresher Klaf Dover
The Moscow Puzzles Martin Gardner Dover
Problem-Solving Through Problems Loren C. Larson Springer-Verlag
536 Puzzles & Curious Problems Dudeney Scribners
Australian Mathematics Competition Book 1-4 WJ Atkins AMT
Methods of Problem Solving JB Tabov AMT
Joy of Mathematics Theoni Pappas Wide Words Publishing
Amusements in Mathematics H.E. Dudeney Dover
Mathematical Circles Fomin, Genkin, Itenberg AMS
Mathematical Challenge Gardiner Cambridge
More Mathematical Challenges Gardiner Cambridge
Selected Problems I. Tonov Regalia

4. Seminar Topics
The students selected are the best in Taiwan. They show their fondness of math. We believe they should not be trained only to get a medal but should also be taught to become an outstanding mathematician in the future. Thus we choose some math games and fun problems that can be solved using elementary math for them to practice on how to do research and exploration gradually and how to organize their solution and write papers.

5. Assignment and Discussion
The students are assigned a book of math problems and requested to do the exercises by themselves in advance. They are asked to describe their solution and the problem in detail in the discussion. Questions or other solutions are encouraged to be brought up at the same time. We reward the student one point if he/she can point out others’ mistakes or give a different solution. The one who gets the most points at the end of the training day would be given a prize.

6. How to Overcome English Mathematics Terms
IMSO challenges Taiwan students most, not in math, but in English. After attending some years of IMSO, we collected some frequently used math terms and descriptions and trained our students to imitate the wording of the math proofs in English.
We listed 200 frequently used math terms, and asked the students to memorize them. The terms are as the following. Let me know if you are interested, I can make a copy for you.

7. The Impact on Taiwan Math Education
IMSO broadens the international outlook of students from Taiwan, exposes them to the experience of learning math in English, and enables them to study some English math magazines and books. Many students who won the medals perform great when they then attend secondary school. Some of them even have math papers published in Taiwan and international mathematics magazines.

8. Feedback from the contestants
Reviews from two students who won the best overall performance

Brian Chen 2007 IMSO best overall performance
I attended IMSO in November 2007 when I was about to turn eleven. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Indonesia. All the guides were very sincere, and the hotel, food, and transportation were nice. I met a lot of people and had plenty of fun at the party. The contest itself was very exciting; I didn't expect to get first place at first because there were a few very difficult problems I failed to solve. The last contest section, with all the interesting objects to be manipulated, is very unique in my opinion, and it also made the competition a lot more fun. I think the section is a great success. It very clearly transmits the message that every mathematician wants to tell the younger generation: "Math is fun." I still have the blue translucent cube labeled "IMSO", and have not run out of ways to manipulate it.
The contest also changed my view of math. It sharpened my appreciation of a good math problem. I have learned to be more careful in my arithmetic and other seemingly unimportant parts of problem-solving. It was a wonderful experience for me.

Scott Wang 2008 IMSO best overall performance
IMSO 2008 was not only a mathematics competition to me, but also a chance to attend a lot of different activities. On the second day, we joined the opening ceremony which is very special. The opening ceremony was held outside and we all received a little box, which was made of a kind of plants and was also printed “IMSO 2008”. In the other time, we also visited a couple of places, for example: a museum and a temple. I really enjoyed the happy hours when I joined the activities.
Aside from the special activities, I had also got along well with the other participants from the other countries. On the final day, I had made friends with the participants from Thailand. I even played chess with them! I think we both had a wonderful time and it was IMSO 2008 which made us all get along together.
To conclude, I think IMSO is not only a great chance to learn about the culture of Indonesia and get along with the people from other countries, but also helped make a change in my mathematical life. I will remember this competition for the rest of my life.

9. Suggestion
The problems for IMSO are supplied by the leaders of the attending nations, and then selected by the judge committee members. The problems’ quality may differ, though, due to the leaders’ lack of experience with math contests. I suggest the problems be composed by the judge committee (with some spare problems), and then revised by the leader committee to ensure the quality of the problems and achieve the purpose of IMSO.

2009-01-22 10:37個人資料傳送 Email 給 孫文先

九章數學出版社、九章數學基金會版權所有
本網頁各鍊結標題及鍊結內容歸原權利人所有
Copyright 2000 ~2004九章數學出版社、九章數學基金會
本網站內所有文字及資料版權均屬九章所有,未經書面同意之商業用途必究
This web site was made with XOOPS, a web portal system written in PHP.
XOOPS is a free software released under the GNU/GPL license.

TW XOOPS Official WebsiteFreeBSD Official WebsiteApache Official Website